Are you a senior developer working, or seeking to work, in a finance change delivery team? Do you have the drive and ambition to become part of a leading agile development function supporting Lloyds Banking Group to become ‘Best Bank for Customers’? If so, an exciting opportunity and challenge is waiting for you.
- You’ll influence at all levels, work closely with business colleagues to understand and shape requirements and solutions and manage and minimise operational risk; efficiently work within and maintain internal networks for the purpose of optimising business results. You’ll ensure compliance with all relevant Group and DS&C procedures, guidelines and reporting requirements as well as any relevant regulatory and statutory requirements
- You’ll be responsible for the delivery of finance database applications and data solutions for strategic and BAU change using a variety of technical and analytical skills. You’ll provide proactive leadership in technical matters, drawing upon own experienced knowledge of SAS Platform, SQL Server and associated technologies.
- In addition, you’ll mentor and coach other team members in a range of skills and behaviours, to include both technical and development lifecycle standard methodology. You’ll also positively influence others by demonstrating core Lloyds Banking Group values and behaviours.
- You’ll collaborate with internal teams to produce database design and architecture and will develop, test and implement code to departmental standards. In addition, you’ll develop documentation throughout the software development process and proactively develop and maintain customer relationships, in order to meet current and future business needs.
- Good communication skills, able to interact with technical and non-technical customers
- Good knowledge of software development practices, testing standards and design principles
- Experienced level SAS platform experience using Enterprise Guide, Management Console, and Data Integration Studio
- Good level SQL developer using SSIS, T-SQL and Stored Procedures
- Analytical skills and Programming skills and Business Partnering and Business Testing
- Significant experience using validated database design methodologies such as Kimball
- Financial Services industry background
- Advanced knowledge and use of Microsoft VBA, C# or other applicable MS Office integrated technologies
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- GIT or Gerrit version control system experience
- DevOps Automated Continuous Integration knowledge and experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Plymouth, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A