Website Big Lots Stores
The SVP, Finance and Treasurer will oversee the financial reporting, controls, financial planning and analysis, risk management, tax and treasury disciplines for Big Lots. This financial executive will be expected to be a broadly-based, proactive business leader who brings value to the Executive team by contributing to the company’s strategic direction and evolving the company’s financial organization to meet future needs.
- Lead all finance/accounting functions, including internal and external reporting, SEC and other regulatory filings, Operational Accounting, Financial Planning and Analysis, Risk Management, Tax and Treasury Functions.
- Translate corporate strategy into measurable business performance targets and metrics and monitor performance against those targets. This includes identifying continuous improvement opportunities to enhance profit margins, and facilitate better decision making, particularly around early identification of opportunities or unfavorable trends.
- Work across all functions within the company to build a deeper understanding of the financial drivers. Improve analytics and metrics to track business performance.
- Ensure a strong foundation in corporate governance, regulatory compliance, and fiduciary environments.
- Ensure that all regulatory reporting requirements are met and provide adequate structure and discipline around internal controls and the closing process.
- Provide a strong point of view and the necessary leadership to add value as a key member of the senior executive team. Provide the strategic vision and tactical execution necessary to enhance revenue growth and leverage market opportunities.
- Lead cross-functional team to identify and reduce risk across the enterprise.
- Play a leadership role in forecasting/anticipating financial trends and results, as well as identifying risks and opportunities.
- Create rigorous financial models and execute sound financial analysis and valuation of potential business investments as a basis for recommendations to enhance the organization’s profitability and long-term value.
- Facilitate key relationships to manage all financing (customer and corporate banking) and insurance risks/programs for the company.
- Excellent analytical skills, with great attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present and discuss both strategy and analysis to senior management.
- Ability to flex between micro and macro level thinking and work with all levels of management; ability to deep dive into small and big issues across the business.
Qualification & Experience:
- 10-15 years of experience in a stand-alone public company.
- BS/BA required; MBA and/or CPA a plus.
- Strong business skills with proven ability to manage and grow a P&L.
Company: Big Lots Stores
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Columbus, Ohio, US
Application Deadline: N/A