To drive technical accounting compliance, financial and operational internal controls, process simplification and operational excellence to deliver accurate and timely financial reporting using generally accepted accounting principles and practices across the LATAM and Caribbean region.
This position will report to the LATAM region CFO with a strong dotted line reporting into the Swissport HQ Accounting team, and will interact closely with the cluster and country Finance and Accounting leaders to ensure that Swissport accounting and reporting standards are met as well as to implement new standards and drive new initiatives across the region.
- Establish review process to ensure accuracy of certain reserves on a monthly or quarterly basis
- Implement and lead quarterly Balance sheet reviews, including annual pre close and deep dive account reviews as needed
- Review and approve Swissport LATAM balance sheet account reconciliations on a quarterly or monthly basis.
- Provide support and assistance to local and regional simplification initiatives and opportunities such as MJE reduction, closing cycle reduction.
- Coordinate and communicate between country and SPI head office annual statutory audit activities. Interact as needed with local finance team and audit firms to resolve issues and ensure clean audit opinions
- Confirm that monthly local to IFRS bridges are complete and accuracy, to ensure management reporting has the proper local supporting data
- Provides technical support to local teams in complex accounting matters, interpretation and implementation of new or existing accounting standards
- Lead and coordinate activities related to certain workstreams that are part of the Finance Transformation Roadmap.
- Local teams comply with accounting, closing and reporting processes as per the SPI closing and reporting calendar
- Supports internal audit teams to ensure findings are properly addressed and requir
- Integrity of financial controls and related risk management systems of the Company
- Strong technical knowledge in both IFRS and local GAAP
- Public Accounting experience a strong plus
- Bilingual English/Spanish, Portuguese a strong plus
- Certified Public Accountant
- University degree in Accounting or Finance with minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- At least 5 years in a Senior Accounting Manager role
- Relevant work experience in the Latin America region, preferably with an international company
- Strong experience implementing and working with major ERP systems and reporting platforms
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Miami, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A