Website Valero Energy
As an I/S Refining Technology 2 you will provide support for enterprise information system infrastructure technology solutions by installing and troubleshooting desktop hardware and software, telephone equipment, network equipment and cabling, managing spare equipment inventory, and providing direct phone support of internal customers via Valero’s Virtual Helpdesk line.
- Provide on-site support of computing equipment and software, including complex needs and analysis, configuration, and installation.
- Participate in information system infrastructure design and implementation.
- Project as an individual contributor.
- Perform research and repair activity, including vendor coordination to ensure computer services for supported locations.
- Test applications and equipment with minimal supervision.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2+ years of experience in the following area(s): Microsoft products, to include Windows OS and Office suites, desktop hardware, and customer service required.
- 2+ years of experience TCP/IP networking (DHCP, Gateway, Firewall, and IP tools such as ipconfig, tracert, and ping) required.
- Ability to successfully complete the TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Card) process required.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Beaumont, Texas, USA
Application Deadline: N/A