Website TJ Maxx
The TJX Corporate Treasury team is searching for a Senior Manager to lead our Foreign Exchange Risk Management function. This is an outstanding opportunity to make an impact handling our foreign exchange risk / fuel hedging programs and executing almost all intercompany foreign currency transactions!
A successful candidate will demonstrate excellent analytical skills, a proactive leadership approach, attention to detail, and influence business decisions by communicating key information to senior leadership.
- Negotiate and enter into competitive trades for the purchase and sale of foreign currencies on both a spot and forward basis.
- Maintain company records of all Company currency purchases and ensure communication of relevant information to internal parties.
- Form relationships with cross-functional internal teams including accounting, tax and global entities in Canada, the UK, and Australia to support hedging and risk management programs.
- Propose strategies to leadership, with the goal of reducing the Company’s risk exposure to changes in foreign currency / fuel movements.
- Proactively monitor foreign currency exchange rates and other exposures relevant to the Company and its subsidiaries.
- Build and sustain relationships with foreign currency and fuel traders to stay on top of developing trends and economic activities impacting the business.
- Analyze and report on FX / fuel trading activity and hedging results summarizing key takeaways and proposing changes when needed.
- Lead and mentor a Treasury Analyst.
- Ensure company compliance with our Foreign Exchange Risk and Fuel Risk Management policies, including quarterly and annual reporting, SOX compliance, and audit requirements.
- Strong quantitative background and understanding of complex financial instruments.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High level of curiosity to explore, learn and understand business information.
- Self-starter with effective time-management skills and the capacity to prioritize individual workload and manage the workload of others.
- Inclination to proactively identify areas for operational improvement and implement solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree with courses in Accounting, Business, International Finance, Economics or Mathematics. MBA preferred.
- Knowledge of foreign currency products, trading practices and markets, along with strong mathematical, analytical and communication skills.
Company: TJ Maxx
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A