Website Toronto Transit Commission
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America’s third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC’s vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC’s recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing “a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service and courtesy.”
- Performing varied and complex scheduled/unscheduled maintenance work involving troubleshooting, installation, maintenance, repair and renovation work on plumbing fixtures, heating, drainage, air, water, grease, glycol, lube oil, transmission oil, and windshield washer fluid lines located at all TTC properties.
- Testing of plumbing systems to determine area and type of operational fault, performance of corrective action, testing to ensure correct operation.
- Responsible for treating passengers and/or employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers or employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (within the area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer.
- As directed by management, required to attend and successfully complete various training programs specific to the Plumbing trade.
- Required to provide a set of tools as per the established tool list;
- As a successful bidder, you will be required to attend and successfully complete the Training Department’s instruction for truck drivers and pass the written and practical tests required for a Class “D” Driver’s Licence, Subway/SRT Rule Book and WHMIS Certification.
- Must be able to comprehend verbal and written instructions.
- Possession of a valid Certificate of Qualification as a Plumber, normally obtained through Grade 12 education, plus the successful completion of the apprenticeship training program for the Plumbing trade.
- A copy of your valid Plumber Certificate of Qualification (306-A) must be submitted with your application.
- As required under Ontario Regulation 490/09, of the Occupational Health & Safety Act, selected candidates must successfully satisfy a pre-employment medical examination, test fitting and training for breathing respirators in order to be considered for this job.
- Possession of a valid, non-probationary, Province of Ontario, class “G” driver’s license.
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees.
Company: Toronto Transit Commission
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A