Website The University of British Columbia
The Project Coordinator manages the entire lifecycle of a small project or phases of a larger project which include developing a project plan, coordinating the activities of a project team, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of project.They will also aid with the explanation of complex technology related project management activities including gathering information from subject matter experts and system users, among other sources. The Project Coordinator contributes to the entire project lifecycle. The incumbent will work with and provide support to the project team, tracking progress, managing communications, conducting analyses, and other associated project tasks.
- Organises Cybersecurity presentations to the wider UBC community, which may include lunch & learn, training sessions, and general update presentations.
- Works with Program Manager and Communications team to ensure that communications management activities are properly undertaken concerning PrISM technology projects.
- Assists with researching and developing content for the timely production of Executive level Policy SC12 Approval documentation, including briefing notes and summary slide decks
- Facilitates regular status reporting.
- Manages, schedules, coordinates and facilitates project meetings.
- Produces project procurement documentation (PR, RFI, RFP, RFQ), for PrISM technology projects, administering and overseeing the approval processes.
- Consults with key stakeholders of varying technical ability and subject matter expertise to ascertain project status and produce regular reports for the PrlSM Program Manager, Cybersecurity Program Manager and CISO. This would include identifying and evaluating implementation options, risks and benefits, complexity, and flexibility of the various options, and discussing approach and recommendations with stakeholders where appropriate.
- Produces regular project status reports for Program Manager.
- Works with the PIA Risk Analyst to coordinate the PIA process associated with PrISM technology projects.
- Produces closure reports and lessons learned logs.
- Assists with researching and developing content for the timely production of essential Investment Planning and Prioritization documentation including High Level Investment Proposal, Project Concept, Business Case, Project Charter.
- Develops and assists in the presentation of business cases to PrISM Senior Managers and Directors
- Manages the timely production of Investment Planning and Prioritization documentation such as Investment Request, Business Case, Project Charter, and Implementation Plan.
- Works with SME s to develop and document PrISM technology related policies and procedures, and help to deliver these to end users of varying technical abilities through guidance and consultative services.
- Coordinates activities with Cybersecurity team members, UBC IT team members, external clients and vendors on project management tasks.
- Utilizes Subject Matter Experts (SME) and consults leadership to solicit, understand and capture relevant information to prepare PrISM project management documentation for the Cybersecurity Program Manager, Chief Information Security Officer, and the PrISM team. Gathers information and prepares documentation for the Program Manager and other managers on the scope, schedule, resources, metrics and project status of PrISM technology projects. This would include Project Plans, RAID log, RASCI charts, Gantt chart, organisation charts etc. as required.
- A degree in Business, Computer Science or Management Information Systems is preferred.
- Professional certification in Project Management and Business Analysist is an asset.
- Experience working in an academic or public sector environment is an asset.
- Demonstrable ongoing career development through active and self-motivated professional development in the field of Information Technology and related disciplines.
- Proficiency with all MS Office Business Productivity Tools.
- Experience working privacy and cybersecurity is an asset.
- Experience with project coordination or project management is required.
- Excellent time management, organizational and coordination skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills. Self-directed and willing to take initiative in relation to carrying out assigned tasks. Ability to work independently, under pressure and meet deadlines.
Company: The University of British Columbia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A