Website The University of British Columbia
This position reports to the Associate Director, SoN and will also work under the instruction of the Assistant Director, SoN. This position collaborates with the other administrative staff in the School of Nursing to ensure completion and interacts with the FHSD Dean’s Office, faculty members, other staff, students, the College of Graduate Studies, Research Services, and other UBC units.
This position supports the efficient operation of the BSN Academic Programs and provides wide ranging administrative support to the School of Nursing (SoN) within the Faculty of Health and Social Development (FHSD). This position acts as a point of contact; receives, processes, and shares information; supports the administration of the BSN timetable and scheduling; initiates business processes within the human resources and finance management systems; and undertakes basic financial duties.
- Supports the administration of the BSN Timetable and Scheduling. As directed, enters scheduling requests, runs reports, and assists with the creation of timetables for checking and approval; ensures course sections are correct in SISC.
- Supports student registration; monitors and changes section controls, and provides data reports
- Under direction from the Assistant Director SoN, provides administrative support in processing the hiring of student TA’s for academic programming; assists with collecting job description and posting information for TA hires; processes student hiring in the HRMS system; processes hire and payroll documentation; manages TA hire onboarding; provides reports and information to support the updating of the SoN Teaching Assistant budget.
- Enters and maintains student degree requirement and progression data; tracks financial and award information; processes change of grade forms; compiles completion and graduation information.
- Assists with the admissions processes and supports the processing of LPN and RN Access applications; collects, tracks, and collates documents; provides summary sheets; provides summaries and updates as requested.
- Collects and collates a wide range of documentation relating to SoN academic programing, including: program evaluation reports; NCLEX reports and data, curriculum documents, syllabi, course materials.
- Compiles VISA reconciliations and purchase orders for Associate Director and Assistant Director, SoN, for submission and approval.
- Prepares expense reports or one-time payment for employees for payment of honorariums; department fund transfers; and accounting journal/adjustments.
- Administers the scheduling and preparation of documentation for the timely execution of performance appraisals of both, ongoing and term, M&P Clinical Assistants.
- Works with others to review, edit, and update student information and communication materials including: the BSN Website, the BSN Canvas shell, and student information packages.
- Takes and transcribes notes, and provides draft minutes for approval by others; prepares, compiles and distributes materials for a range of committee and faculty meetings; assists in booking, preparing and organising meeting venues.
- Using email and SICS compiles and distributes information and materials to faculty, staff, and students; maintains Clinical Assistant, Faculty, and SoN distribution lists.
- Coordinates final exams, sends requests; compiles draft schedules for approval; and circulates final schedules.
- Prepares documentation for the timely execution of SoN Teaching Evaluations, and runs reports and enters corrections as requested by the Associate Director.
- Experience in following and practicing efficient records management and practices.
- Experience obtaining, compiling, and disseminating information effectively for users within the organisation and external community.
- Experience providing administrative assistance, preparing reports, and drafting correspondence for signature.
- Completion of a two-year post-secondary qualification.
- Minimum two years of related experience (in a university setting preferred); or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience planning, scheduling, and organising a variety of meetings, gatherings, and events.
- Experience of taking and transcribing accurate and concise notes and minutes.
- Proven ability to work with multiple priorities; to plan and prioritise tasks; using initiative and judgement to resolve routine challenges and meet deadlines.
- A calm, courteous manner, with the proven oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Advanced MS Office suite skills, experience working with database, HR and student management software would be an asset.
Company: The University of British Columbia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kelowna, BC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A