Website The University of British Columbia
The position will work directly with the investigators who are mounting the studies. Responsibilities include working independently in a setting that involves varied and complex technical tasks such as; exercise testing in a clinical population, developing exercise prescriptions, delivering the exercise sessions, data collection, research study coordination, and supervising staff and students associated with the study.
- Managing and collecting study outcome data
- Conducting 1- repetition maximum strength testing
- Writing reports and weekly updates on adherence to the intervention
- Supervising, scheduling and training staff and student helpers
- Overseeing daily operations of the fitness facility
- Delivering and adjusted exercise prescription as part of the study protocol in-person and / orthrough a virtual platform.
- Conducting submaximal and maximal graded exercise tests
- Conducting measures of physical function and body composition
- Maintaining the emergency action plan for the facility
- Screening participants for eligibility to participate in the research studies
- Carrying out all other related duties as required in keeping with the qualifications and requirements of positions in this classification
- Emergency Action Planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and appropriately modify an exercise prescription
- Discretion, tact and confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to complete exercise testing
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills including ability to manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic proficiency using various word processing software, spread sheet programs, and Internet
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of 1 year or related experience in exercise supervision with a clinical population.
- Certified in CPR and First Aid.
- Experience working with cancer survivors preferred.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Kinesiology, Exercise Therapy or related program
- Experience with managing data collection and participant tracking for research projects preferred.
- Experience overseeing and administering exercise interventions for research projects preferred.
- Preference given to those with CSEP Certified Exercise Physiologist® (CSEP-CEP), ACSM Certified Clinical Exercise SpecialistTM (CES), Canadian Athletic Therapists’ Association Certified Athletic Therapist (CAT), NSCA certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), ACSM/ACS Certified Cancer Exercise Trainer (CET), British Columbia Association of Kinesiologists (BACK) Kinesiologist or documented related experience
Company: The University of British Columbia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, USA
Application Deadline: N/A