Website The University of British Columbia
The Communications Manager will be in charge of producing high-quality content that engages the Canada Climate Law Initiatives (CCLIs) audience and builds brand recognition. The Communications Manager will manage the website and social media, CCLIs knowledge mobilization strategy, and provide operational and administrative support to the Director.
- Identifies, assesses, and informs the principal co-investigators of internal and external opportunities and risks that affect the initiative as part of an annual plan review and on an ongoing basis as necessary.
- Ensure that all program initiatives have effective and compelling communications.
- Create content for newsletters and oversee dissemination of newsletters.
- Initiates partnerships in order to reach strategic and operational goals, particularly in Québec
- Design visual content, including presentations, social media posts and reports.
- In concert with the co-principal investigators and the Director, manages stewardship of the relationship of 67 Canadian Climate Governance Experts
- Provides direction for the strategy of the initiative.
- Sets annual targeted strategies and anticipated outcomes for the CCLI in cooperation with the principal co-investigators and director.
- Provide ongoing communications with the Canadian Climate Governance Experts.
- Oversees strategic planning of CCLI’s francophone presence nationally
- Track metrics for website and social medial usage; reporting regularly to the Director.
- Develop communications strategies, communications materials and messaging to effectively promote programs and expand reach.
- Assist with the design, development and management of data into the website.
- Collaborate on development of branding as required.
- Oversaw a six month process of working on the core committee in collaboration with the UK High Commission in identifying, selecting, and managing the communications and launch of 26 COP 26 Canadian Climate Champions
- In concert with the Director, initiate, develop, and manage partnerships in order to reach strategic and operational goals.
- Oversee and maintain all social media channels.
- Create, update and maintain the initiative s website of the Canadian Climate Governance Expert profiles.
- Oversees the development of communications strategies, communications materials, and messaging to effectively promote programs and expand reach.
- Brilliant presentation and organizational skills.
- Experience working with operating systems (Windows and MacOS), office suites (Microsoft Office, G Suite), presentation software (PowerPoint, Keynote), design (Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator), spreadsheets (Excel, etc.), communication and collaboration tools (Slack, Skype, Zoom).
- Ability to work in a remote team environment.
- Knowledge of the Canadian climate change sector is an asset.
- Experience using social media to reach an external audience.
- Knowledge of finance, law or governance is an asset. Minimum of four years’ experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent verbal and written skills in French and English.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Company: The University of British Columbia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, USA
Application Deadline: N/A