Website The University of British Columbia
The position is responsible for providing advice and recommendations on a range of human resource issues for the department. Responsibilities include ensuring consistency of practice, interpreting collective agreements, providing guidance for salary administration and performance evaluation, assisting and providing guidance to managers with writing job descriptions, overseeing the attendance management, faculty and staff recognition, and working on special projects.
- Advises on salary administration for all staff groups including hiring salary, probationary increases, mid-point progression, merit, and step increases.
- Analyzes requests for temporary/ongoing assistance, to determine if additional resources are required.
- Responsible for the integrity, confidentiality, and security of all faculty and staff personnel records, documents and systems.
- Maintains faculty reappointment, periodic review, and promotion schedules; tracks sabbatical leave schedules to assist in forecasting teaching availability.
- Acts as a resource for the Masters of Data Science program with regards to Human Resources activities.
- Coordinates and provides advice to managers on employee performance reviews. Works with managers to identify skill-upgrading needs of support staff and ensures appropriate training is received.
- Works collaboratively to review staff appointment forms ensuring consistency and equity.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate exit procedures for faculty, staff and visitors.
- Oversees attendance management system.
- Oversees all leave management records and activities including vacation, sick, attendance, maternity, parental, medical, unpaid leaves.
- Leads or assists with special projects related to workflow, Workday and other HR related issues.
- Processes honoraria payments and stipends to ongoing faculty for overload teaching
- Monitors end dates for faculty and staff positions, ensuring individuals are reappointed or terminated as necessary.
- Responsible for the accurate preparation of all documents (paper or electronic) related to staff transactions including; employment offers, salary changes, leaves, promotions, layoffs, resignations, retirement, transfers, promotions etc. and ensures that they adhere to the various employment agreements.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline. Minimum of two to three years of related experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and skills in human resource management required. Computer experience with standard office software is required, preferably with Workday.
- Effective oral and written communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to be creative and proactive, to prioritize and to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Experience with collective agreements and unionized environments.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures required.
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion and judgment.
Company: The University of British Columbia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A