Website The University of British Columbia
The MSc student will complete their training as part of the CIHR-funded STORY Project: Improving access to family planning services for Indigenous peoples through storytelling. The project takes a community-driven, participatory approach and is co-led by Sarah Munro (University of British Columbia), Unjali Malhotra (First Nations Health Authority), Miranda Kelly, Stó:lō (Vancouver Coastal Health) and Danette Jubinville, Cree/Saulteaux (Ekw’í7tl Collective). The perspectives of Indigenous people with lived experience in accessing family planning care, Elders, and birth workers are centred as Knowledge Partners in this research. The STORY Project also has an Operations Team comprised of Indigenous and non-Indigenous individuals who work in the fields of health care, research, policy, and social work who will act as champions in their respective organizations and communities to move forward recommendations stemming from the STORY Project.
- UBC is a public university with a comprehensive program offering – covering all major academic disciplines and degree levels, with both research- and course-based program options.
- More than 50,000 students attend UBC Vancouver.
- As a research master’s student at UBC Vancouver, you’ll be part of a diverse community of over 10,000 graduate students at an institution which is globally connected and attracts the highest-calibre research faculty.
- Work side by side with passionate scholars in modern facilities and with the support of numerous professional development workshops and services [ www.grad.ubc.ca/current-students/professional-development ].
- You are encouraged to review the awards and scholarship database [ www.grad.ubc.ca/scholarships-awards-funding/award-opportunities ] to determine funding opportunities for your master’s degree.
- UBC invests significantly into its research programs and, combined with the International Tuition Award [ www.grad.ubc.ca/awards/international-tuition-award], offers most research-based Master programs at a comparable low tuition rate for domestic and international students alike.
Company: The University of British Columbia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, USA
Application Deadline: N/A