Website The University of British Columbia
The Research Coordinator will coordinate and oversee research activities to support the work of multiple academic and industry-sponsored clinical trials at the Vaccine Evaluation Center (VEC). They will work with other staff and students to ensure efficient and coordinated research activities. Responsibilities include participating in study project planning, strategy, and execution with investigators and VEC managers to achieve the center’s short and long term goals as a center of excellence in vaccine research.
- Chairs project team meetings.
- Manages the submission and maintenance of grant applications, ethics approval, and other appropriate regulatory documentation
- Provides monthly requests of staffing needs to perform necessary tasks of study.
- Implements cost-effective measures to optimize budget utilization
- Responsible for ensuring studies are reaching goals and maintaining overall management of participant recruitment, study activities, and study progress in accordance with the study objectives and goals as determined by the investigator(s) of the project.
- Trains research assistants and research nurses in necessary non-clinical techniques. Ensures adherence to standard operating procedures.Identifies problems in the field (Nurses & Research Assistants), and works to solve these problems. Develops and implements new policies and procedures.
- Liaises with different groups to establish a recruitment strategy and other study start-up/ maintenance planning (may include internal and external contributors/organizations)
- Performs other responsibilities, as required.
- Contributes to the preparation, assembly, presentation and distribution of project reports. Compiles information from the team and creates documents, charts and tables to summarize progress and findings.
- Maintains data for quality regularly(e.g. monitoring patient charts); organizes data entry; analyzes basic data for study progression/monitoring purposes (e.g. recruitment rates); monitors research ethics procedures
- Ability to be thorough, accurate, and have a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to compose correspondence and other written materials using clear concise business English.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively coordinate tasks.
- Ability to gather, record, and organize information.
- Ability to respond appropriately to inquiries in person, on phone, and in writing, and make appropriate referrals.
- Ability to effectively use Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint. Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to prepare and complete job-related documents using relevant content and appropriate format.
- Ability to understand and apply policies, procedures and instructions.
- Routine work does not require daily supervision but general supervision is provided by senior coordinators and/or Investigator as needed. Receives advice from senior coordinators.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations on the VEC.
- Recent related experience working in the science field and supporting health research in an academic environment would be an asset.
- Coordinates the activities of the field staff working on the project (nursing and research assistants).
- Ability to make thoughtful, informed, and thorough decisions.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
Company: The University of British Columbia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, USA
Application Deadline: N/A