Website The University of British Columbia
Prepares, cooks and serves meals in accordance with a menu plan.
- Assesses and ensures quality of finished product prior to service.
- Cooks and or prepares main courses, pastry items, bakeshop items, desserts, salads, sandwich plates and specialty items on a large scale and as per unit requirements.
- Cleans kitchen and kitchen equipment.
- Maintains a fundamental working knowledge of allergens, ingredients and substitutions to address allergy concerns.
- Working under the direction of kitchen leadership, completes tasks as directed.
- Carries out any other related duties as required in keeping with the qualifications and requirements of positions in this classification.
- Follows direction provided in daily communications.
- Maintains proper standards of sanitation and safety in accordance with FoodSafe, UBC policy and UBC Food Services safety guidelines. Maintains adherence to the UBC Food Services dress code.
- Recommends food inventory levels; assists in maintaining inventory.
- Performs grill cooking and short order cooking; takes food orders from customers and serves as required.Greets, interacts and serves guests in accordance with UBC Food Services customer service standards.
- Performs the duties of other food service workers on a relief basis as operationally required.
- Certificate in cooking from a recognized cooking institution, FoodSafe level 1certificate and a minimum one year of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Grade 12 Education, Certificate in cooking from a recognized cooking institution, Food Safe Level 1 Certificate and1 year relevant experience.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required.
Company: The University of British Columbia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A