Website The University of British Columbia
The Research Coordinator is responsible for supporting research initiatives for the Mulpuri Lab (HIPpy Lab) at the BC Children’s Hospital Research Institute. Responsibilities will include research project administration, grant administration and facilitation, supporting research operations, coordinating knowledge translation and outreach activities, research ethics and regulatory administration, and finance administration.
- Facilitates project communication, tracking and updates among lab and project teams. Actively supports social media initiatives of the Lab and related programs.
- Manages shared team resources such as team calendars, activity trackers, file repositories, etc.
- Troubleshoots and assesses the maintenance and usage of research infrastructure, as well as coordinates purchasing of shared research infrastructure.
- Participates in special meetings and events that can occasionally diverge from normal work hours.
- Maintains research agreements and key relationship information, as well as coordinating project updates to various participants and stakeholders.
- Supports systems administration (including registry user access) and basic systems development and sustainment (including survey requirements, development, and testing).
- Assists with preparing and submitting manuscripts for publication.
- Processes finance paperwork for accounts within UBC and PHSA (JVs, Qreqs, outside invoices) and tracks research account spending.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Coordinates research seminars, outreach events, and other research and academic events, as needed.
- Coordinates and facilitates patient recruitment, as well as data collection, management, and reporting.
- Assists with lab and program communications, including presentations, newsletters, webpages, and preparing information on research programs for media, fundraising organizations, and potential donors.
- Coordinates the preparation and submission of research related regulatory documents (ethics, permits, etc.).
- Prepares and assists with the writing of research funding proposals, grant applications, and reports for Government, Non-profit, and Canadian and International sponsors.
- Researches and determines the applicability of new technology and systems related to research being done.
- Supports research project administration by assisting with recruitment, facilitating onboarding, and supporting collaborating sites.
- Facilitates and supports recruitment, training, and supervision of student and other team members.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, basic graphic design, and webpage maintenance.
- Ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and pay attention to detail.
- Experience: Experience working with research and researchers within an academic community is strongly preferred, including familiarity with CIHR grants processes and research ethics (RISe). Experience with project management, communications, and processing and interpreting financial statements are preferred. Appropriate knowledge of UBC and PHSA admin procedures preferred. Experience with clinical research procedures strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to independently prioritize and organize work load.
- Ability to exercise discretion, tact, and confidentiality.
Company: The University of British Columbia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, USA
Application Deadline: N/A