Website The University of British Columbia
The School of Nursing at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver campus, invites applications for one full time non-tenure track faculty at the Lecturer rank with expertise in health and nursing practice simulation, especially high fidelity simulation. The initial appointment will be for a one year term with the possibility of reappointment subject to demonstrated excellence in teaching and funding availability. The position is subject to budgetary approval. The successful candidate will be involved primarily but not solely in the BSN Nursing Program in teaching, course planning, helping faculty develop simulation scenarios, training lab instructors in implementing simulations, collaborating with the clinical skills lab faculty to manage equipment inventory, supervising simulation and lab technicians in maintaining and programming equipment, as well as contributing to administrative service in the School.
- The School of Nursing at UBC was the first in Canada to offer a university nursing degree program, and has a proud tradition of excellence in undergraduate and graduate nursing education. We are committed to advanced professional practice, scholarship and research.
- We offer a full range of innovative and exciting programs, including an intensive upper-division basic baccalaureate program.
- The UBC School of Nursing has active affiliations with a wide variety of clinical practice agency and research partners.
- UBC is among Canada’s top-ranked research-intensive universities, offering programs in a full range of health disciplines and creating a dynamic interdisciplinary scholarly community.
- Successful applicants will be currently credentialed and active Registered Nurses holding registration with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM), and have a Master’s degree in nursing (PhD preferred).
- They will have experience teaching nursing students in an academic setting or direct clinical supervision in practice, and experience in high, medium and low fidelity simulations (CASN or other certification in simulation education preferred); familiarity with and experience working with the UBC School of Nursing BSN curriculum preferred.
- Ideally, they will have some experience in group learning facilitation, laboratory instruction, course administration, as well as supervision or mentoring nurses or clinical instructors.
Company: The University of British Columbia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, USA
Application Deadline: N/A