Website The University of British Columbia
The Centre for Blood Research is a world class facility dedicated to blood research on the University of British Columbia, Vancouver campus. The CBR is a nucleus for education and training, research, and innovation in blood research, creating new knowledge, new academic and training programs, and fostering translation and innovation. UBC Michael Smith Laboratories (MSL) is an interdisciplinary research institute with field-defining research and world class faculty. Research at MSL and CBR yield biomedical technologies and therapies that advance our health and wellbeing.
- Additional experience in working with blood and with blood-compatible devices will be an asset.
- Competitive candidates must hold a PhD in Chemistry, Biomedical Engineering or a related area of expertise.
- Candidates with a strong background in surface modification and surface analysis, polymers, biomaterials, polymers, and protein conjugation techniques will be considered.
- Candidates should have a strong research background, as demonstrated by past publications, accomplishments, and references.
- Candidate should have a strong passion to work in an interdisciplinary research environment.
- The successful candidate will be a passionate, self-driven, independent thinker with excellent organizational, oral, and written communication, excellent interpersonal skills, and a strong work ethic.
Company: The University of British Columbia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A