Website The University of British Columbia
Tasks related to the function and operation of the HLI research centre’s equipment and facilities. Such as trouble shooting and repairs of the facilities and equipment. Maintenance tasks as per maintenance scheduling. Coordinate with external contractors for facilities access and repairs. The coordination of deliveries and the setup of new equipment. Assist the Facilities Maintenance Manager or Technicians with project coordination, general tasks, or special projects as required. Assist with the instruction of students and staff of safe/standard operating procedures of equipment. Research and obtain parts for equipment in need of repair. Interpretation of technical drawings/schematics. Maintain a database of equipment service contracts and warranties.
- Maintenance and mechanical knowledge of facilities including mechanical systems, plumbing, electrical, Heating and Air conditioning, refrigeration, structural construction, Pneumatic and Hydraulic systems.
- Diligence, meticulousness and organizational skills.
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Self Starter and the ability to multi-task.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Knowledge of Laboratory safety and some knowledge of Laboratory procedures and protocols.
- WHMIS knowledge.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Refrigeration and Freezer maintenance and repair knowledge.
- Ability to proficiently learn new concepts, and technical procedures.
Company: The University of British Columbia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, USA
Application Deadline: N/A