Website The University of British Columbia
Provides front line customer service support for UBC Hiring Solutions (UBCHS). Responds to routine enquiries from client departments and employees. Is responsible for reviewing and authorizing staffing documentation and provides administrative support to the Director and other M&P staff within the department.
- Reviewing and initiating various HR administrative processes.
- Ensuring hires have been made in accordance with the terms of the collective agreements, or the conditions of employment for the respective employment groups.
- Refers complex appointment form issues to their manager.
- Providing guidance to staff in regards to entering data into UBCHS systems.
- Providing front line customer service support for UBCHS offices as part of team that responds to in-person, telephone and e-mail enquiries, and providing general information on UBCHS procedures.
- Providing back up admin support for M&P team members which includes providing information and general advice to client departments regarding the interpretation of UBCHS policies collective agreements and other agreements and handbooks governing conditions of employment; and providing information and general advice on University policies, procedures and practices and employees. Supporting administrative tasks including but not limited to testing services, and LinkedIn post tracking. Referring matters which are more than moderately complex to managers within the department; participating in meetings as needed; ensuring employment agreement are prepared and filed electronically on a regular basis.
- Receiving, tracking and coordinating payment of financial invoices for department
- Submitting and reviewing expense payments and reimbursements for department
- Reconciling accounts, ensuring all expenses and transactions are accurately coded and allocated
- Reviewing payroll time sheets for policy compliance and accuracy.
- High School graduation and two years post-secondary education.4 years related experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High School graduation and two years post-secondary education.
- Training in basic office procedures and practices.
- 4 years related experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Or one year of relevant UBC experience.
- Knowledge of current Human Resources Management practices is preferred.
- Ability to independently apply broad knowledge of policies and procedures.
- Effective oral and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications like with Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to exercise a high level of tact and discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work under pressure and to meet high volume deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to compose correspondence, be adaptable, and take initiative with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be thorough, accurate and have a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to changes in organizational priorities.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
Company: The University of British Columbia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, USA
Application Deadline: N/A