Website The University of British Columbia
The Manager, Faculty Staff Housing Programs supports the University‘s strategic recruitment and retention priorities for its faculty and staff by developing and facilitating extraordinary housing relocation customer service for both on and off-campus. This unit offers an important welcome and orientation service for people moving to Vancouver; to be an expert in all UBC- offered faculty staff housing programs on-campus; to help people understand local options off-campus that they might not otherwise know to explore.
- Designing, developing and determining suitable publication materials;
- Continuing to develop the housing education information series;
- Monitoring and reporting on housing programs’ budget and expenditures.
- Providing detailed analyses and reports on program management and success including developing and reporting key metrics to the VP HR, Office of the Provost and UBC Board of Governors.
- Designing, developing and overseeing application processes, and ongoing analysis of results to evaluate future policy and procedural refinements for these programs.
- Providing leadership in identifying and streamlining processes to achieve efficiency in the administration of the housing programs.
- Offering expert interpretation and information on all programs, including but not limited to, the Faculty Home Ownership program, the Faculty and Staff Rent-Geared-to-Income program and the Faculty/Staff Rental Housing program.
- Designing and developing exemplary website resources of off-campus housing, particularly for prospective new faculty and staff from outside the Lower Mainland.
- Realtor or real estate experience; property development or management experience;
- Background in economics, or urban planning an asset;
- Experience in a leadership position with managerial responsibility preferred;
- Familiarity with the Metro Vancouver housing market;
- Ability to analyze problems, identify key information and issues, and effectively resolve;
- Familiarity with UBC or other large complex organizational culture and working environment an asset; Experience in customer service, and evaluation, is an asset;
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion;
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision – strong initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team, form partnerships with internal and external groups;
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
- Comfort working with numbers and financial aspects of real estate an asset;
- Ability to work within a variety of cultural environments, faculty, staff and the UBC community;
- Familiarity with UBC Housing developments and Housing Action Plan an asset;
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines;
Company: The University of British Columbia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A