Website The University of British Columbia
The Project Assistant will provide assistance to the Research Program Manager and Administrative Manager, and will provide general support to the research staff of the Hematology Research Program (HRP). The incumbent will also assist with the coordination and implementation of other activities related to the HRP. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as a high degree of organization, motivation, enthusiasm and initiative, are required. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel programs is essential.
- Ensures timely notification to the Managers regarding issues or problems related to the project.
- Follows the office organization systems, assists Managers to maintain databases, records, CVs, and files including confidential information within the research program.
- Assists with overall research projects implementation, enrollment, ongoing execution, and data collecting under the supervision of Research Manager and Research Coordinators, including but not limited to helping with study participants screening, consenting, and data entry and following up.
- Works collaboratively with other members of the project team and communicates verbally and/or in writing regarding work progress.
- Performs all other related duties as directed.
- Uses online institutional programs for tracking research projects activities.
- Orders and tracks office and study‐specific supplies, maintains and organizes the inventory.
- Performs research projects activities in compliance with ICH‐GCP guidelines, institution SOPs, and research protocols.
- Supports with research projects filing, photocopying, scanning, organizing, tracking, and archiving needs of the research program.
- Attends research projects trainings and trainings on new systems and procedures.
- Processes financial transactions related to the program/project activities, including preparing of general expense reimbursement, travel reimbursement and journal vouchers, as well as reconciling monthly project expenses.
- Assists with the organization and facilitation of research program events, in‐person meetings, videoconferences, including coordinating times, space, catering and other event planning activities as required.
- Helps to make work‐related travel arrangements for research staff, including booking flights, accommodation arrangements, and conference registrations.
- Assists to complete and submit research administrative forms, such as RIPFs, Cost Center set up, timesheets, purchase requisitions/online purchasing; and liaises with research institution, Finance, and Human Resources as necessary.
- May require providing training to new assistant hired.
- Prepares research projects binders and files for organizing and maintaining research documents to ensure they are up‐to‐date and meet regulatory requirements.
- May distribute work assignments to employee at lower classification level, including students.
- Works under the supervision of Program Manager, Administrative Manager and Research Coordinators in carrying out duties and responsibilities; receives instructions during orientation and on subsequent new assignments or changes in procedures.
- Works within well‐defined guidelines and procedures, but exercise judgment in establishing priorities and carrying tasks through to completion; liaises with other research team members and refers new or unusual problems to supervisor.
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to graduation from a recognized undergraduate degree required in a health‐related field (e.g. BSc, BScN, RN, LPN, pharmacy); plus two (2) years of recent related experience in a research, clinical research experience is preferred, other research experience will be considered.
Company: The University of British Columbia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, USA
Application Deadline: N/A