Website The University of British Columbia
This position provides executive level support for the Associate Provost, Teaching and Learning and the Executive Director, Extended Learning (ExL), as well as overseeing the office administration for ExL. The role also supports the ExL management team, as required. As the primary administrative contact for ExL, this position liaises with the wider University community and fosters effective working relationships across ExL, as well as other communities internal and external to the University.
- Responsible for coordinating follow-up actions, locating and providing resources as required
- Contributes to meeting agenda, pre-meeting discussions, briefing papers, presentations as required
- Coordinates and schedules appointments and meetings for the Associate Provost, Teaching and Learning and the ExL Executive Director, determining urgency and priority within a number of complex restraints
- Evaluates the urgency and priority of items and requests as they come to the ExL office, handling them as appropriate; ensures that all requests are resolved or routed appropriately and expeditiously
- Organizes calendars for the Associate Provost, Teaching and Learning and the ExL Executive Director
- Organizes special and social events on behalf of the Associate Provost, Teaching and Learning and the ExL Executive Director and supports events run by ExL
- Communicates on behalf of the Associate Provost, Teaching and Learning and the ExL Executive Director and prepares complex correspondence containing sensitive information as required
- Contacts senior officials both inside and outside of the University to obtain and disclose information on sensitive and restricted matters for the preparation of reports and memoranda
- Acts as the primary contact person for the Office of the Associate Provost, Teaching and Learning and the ExL Executive Director for information and enquiries
- Responsible for managing travel arrangements for the Associate Provost, Teaching and Learning, the ExL Executive Director, and directors as required and may support travel arrangements for others in the ExL office
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively both within the UBC community and with external stakeholders.
- Highly proficient in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, project planning and scheduling applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to keep abreast of technology developments and trends in relevant areas and a commitment to continuously adding to their knowledge base and skills.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail.
- Effective organizational, problem-solving, planning and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively facilitate groups to achieve appropriate outcome.
- Ability to exercise judgment, tact, discretion and diplomacy.
- Strong business and financial acumen.- Ability to exercise judgment in establishing priorities and carrying tasks through to completion in a timely manner.
- Excellent command of the English language. Proficient in the use of English grammar, spelling and punctuation and professional terminology.
Company: The University of British Columbia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A