Website The University of British Columbia
The Department of Forest and Conservation Sciences at the Vancouver campus of the University of British Columbia (UBC) invites applications for a tenure-stream position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor in the field of forest genetics and genomics, with applications to forest management and conservation. The successful applicant will play a key role in undergraduate and graduate teaching in the Forest Sciences, Forest Resources Management, and Natural Resources Conservation programs at UBC, including teaching a core course in Forest Genetics and Genomics. The successful applicant will also be expected to develop an internationally recognized research program, supervise graduate students and obtain external research funding in the field of forest genetics and genomics.
- Candidates for this position must have a PhD in forest genetics, forest genomics, forestry or in a related field, with demonstrated expertise in forest genetics and genomics.
- Candidates should have a demonstrated track record of teaching and research in forest genetics and genomics.
- Candidates should demonstrate strong potential for scientific publishing, securing research grants, and working collaboratively.
- Evidence of high-quality post-secondary teaching is desirable, as is experience with course development.
- The successful candidate will be expected to collaborate with other faculty members and across campus, and to contribute to the Faculty’s strategic goals and development.
- The successful candidate will also be expected to engage with government research programs, forest managers, and policymakers, and to translate knowledge to address contemporary challenges in forest management or conservation involving genetics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential, as is a commitment to mentoring, diversity, and inclusion.
Qualification & Experience:
Company: The University of British Columbia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, USA
Application Deadline: N/A