Website The University of British Columbia
The Qualitative Research Analyst works within Digital Emergency Medicine (DigEM) and will contribute to DigEM’s ongoing and emerging research activities. The incumbent will be responsible for the planning, management, and day-to-day execution of research and evaluation components from assigned DigEM projects and related activities. The incumbent will be responsible for conducting and interpreting quantitative and qualitative analyses, with a primary focus on providing advice, expertise and consultation in the development of qualitative analyses and analysis plans for evaluation and research projects. The position also collaborates with other research staff working within DigEM.
- Procures and negotiates service contracts and invoices, as needed.
- Oversees and participates in qualitative-focused data collection, analysis and write-up activities, as well as monitors and guides staff in research activities (e.g. prepares ethics reviews, conducts surveys, interviews, focus groups, as well as analysis and write-up, etc.).
- Coordinates project activities and provides team communications, updates, and reports.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of project plans and critical paths for successful completion of projects and project deliverables.
- Drafts sections of grant applications and works collaboratively with investigators to write and submit funding proposals and progress reports.
- Responsible for procedural and administrative aspects of projects including monitoring and tracking of the budget for assigned components of the program.
- Provides reports regarding ongoing project operations, monitors the day-to-day progress of projects or project components, and provides regular updates.
- Contributes to and participates in project and initiative promotions, communications, advocacy, knowledge sharing, and dissemination.
- Participates as a member of project Executive Committees and provides reports on progress.
- Conducts surveys, interviews, focus groups, as well as analysis and write-up of findings (with a focus on qualitative datasets).
- Liaises with principal investigator, co-investigators, Steering and Advisory Committees, and DigEM management and staff who work on projects and related activities.
Manages participant recruitment and registration for project events and studies, as needed.
- Participates in co-developing and drafting publications, conference presentations, and other project dissemination activities, including social media outreach.
- Develops and implements systems for data administration and analysis across the project (with a focus on qualitative methods and analysis).
- Serves as the designated point-of-contact for project participants and partners.
- Ability to occasionally work on weekends or outside of regular work hours for operational reasons or to meet research deliverables.
- Ability to show initiative and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated analytical, written and presentation skills applicable to preparing strategic and operational plans, reports, submissions and briefings regarding complex strategic and operational issues.
- Ability to develop and maintain strategic alliances and partnerships and liaise effectively with stakeholders and clients.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Effective negotiation and consultation skills.
- Ability to deal with a diversity of people in a calm, courteous, and effective manner.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in qualitative research and evaluation
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines without compromising the quality of outcomes.
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
Company: The University of British Columbia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, USA
Application Deadline: N/A