Website The University of British Columbia
AcademicJob CategoryFaculty Non BargainingJob ProfileResearch AssociateJob TitleResearch AssociateDepartmentVallance Laboratory | Department of Paediatrics | Faculty of MedicineCompensation RangePosting End DateFebruary 28, 2022
- This position is located within a health-care facility, therefore, the successful candidate will be required to provide verification of full vaccination against Covid-19 provided prior to the start date, as required by a provincial health mandate. This offer is conditional upon successful completion of a Criminal Record Check.
- The UBC Department of Pediatrics, Division of Gastroenterology invites applications for a Research Associate to join a multidisciplinary translational research program with specific goals to use enteroids and enteroid derived monolayer cultures to study how intestinal epithelial cells defend themselves against bacterial pathogens and pathobionts.
- The expected start date for this position is March 10, 2022. This is a one-year term appointment subject to annual renewal. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- The successful candidate will have a PhD and at least 3 years of postdoctoral experience. Expertise in the fields of Microbiology and Immunology and, in particular, research experience in the use of enteroids to study bacterial pathogenesis and/or intestinal mucus production is desirable.
- The applicant should also demonstrate the ability to work independently, supervise graduate and undergraduate students, conceive, initiate, organize and manage projects. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a necessity as well as the ability to work in a team environment. Management experience with large, multi-center projects is an asset.
Company: The University of British Columbia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, USA
Application Deadline: N/A