Website University Health Network
The ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICE AIDE/ASSOCIATE/CLEANER performs general and specific duties in assigned areas in accordance with Environmental Services Department standards of practice, policies and procedures.
- Performing other duties in support of the Housekeeping function; performing cross-functional and other duties as assigned and/or required
- Attending staff meetings, safety huddles, education, and training as required.
- Successful candidates may be trained to perform floor care include stripping, floor finishing, burnishing, and buffing.
- Detailed discharge cleaning of patient rooms including changing cubicle, privacy, and window curtains with a ladder, as required.
- Following all Infection Prevention and Control procedures including hand washing and isolation procedures.
- Using equipment including ladders, mops, vacuums. Maintaining equipment and housekeeping cart in a clean tidy manner.
- Participating and assisting in training of new personnel in all required job functions.
- Successful candidates may be trained on the use of motorized cleaning equipment including but not limited to ride-on and walk-behind auto scrubbers and burnishers, carpet care equipment, buffers, swing machines, etc.
- Wearing gloves, isolation gowns, masks (surgical and N95), eye protection, and other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while carrying out duties as required.
- Removing and handling recycling, compost, garbage, biomedical and cytotoxic waste in accordance with procedures and legislation.
- Carrying out enhanced cleaning procedures and terminal cleaning for patients on isolation precautions and in the event of outbreaks.
- Moving furniture and equipment as required to carry out cleaning responsibilities.
- Completing assigned cleaning duties including surface disinfection, mopping, vacuuming, sweeping, dusting, and cleaning of specific areas.
- Cleaning and maintaining elevators and stairs.
- Terminal cleaning of the Operating Rooms (OR), perioperative environment, and OR equipment according to standards and procedures.
- Cleaning and disinfecting with bleach and other cleaning chemicals in accordance with training and procedures while wearing required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Performing routine cleaning of all areas of the facility including but not limited to occupied patient rooms, clinic areas, nursing stations, waiting rooms, lobbies, washrooms, offices, kitchens, utility rooms, corridors, and public areas in accordance with quality standards, procedures, and training. Replenishing washroom supplies.
- Ability to do simple mathematical calculations (e.g. adding, subtracting, etc.).
- Knowledge of UHN and/or departmental policies.
- Knowledge of Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (W.H.M.I.S.).
- Compliance with Body Substance Precautions provisions.
- 3 months to less than 6 months practical and related experience and/or 3 months to less than 6months on the job training
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently to understand verbal work orders and/or instructions.
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance to UHN standards.
- Ability to understand material such as short notes, brief forms and/or instructions.
- Ability to use tools and equipment common to the work being performed including: vacuum, dry mop, squeegee, space sweeper, etc.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and other relevant legislation.
- Compliance with sanitary and infection control requirements.
- At minimum completion of high school or recognized equivalent
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job including: standing, sweeping, pushing/pulling carts, walking on uneven surfaces, reaching forward, reaching above and below the shoulders, able to lift 11 kg to 20 kg
Company: University Health Network
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A