Website University Health Network
Reporting to the Deputy Chief Financial Officer, the Senior Director of Finance, Financial Planning & Analysis will provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management which will include capital expenditure analysis, preparing board presentations and financial presentations. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of driving continuous improvement and will be a key team member in the implementation of several strategic projects, including but not limited to, UHN’s finance system transformation project.
- Responsible for leading the annual budget and ongoing forecast processes for the organization
- Recommends and develops strategy, innovation, and best practices for the back office Finance business.
- Contributes to the broader Hospital mandate through participation in enterprise wide projects and committees.
- Establishes departmental goals and objectives, developing short and long term plans and budget, while monitoring and evaluating the progress in achieving these plans.
- Develop actionable management reporting, dashboards, and KPIs as well as oversee monthly variance analysis and operating reviews to track overall business success
- Provides overall leadership and direction to the Financial Planning and Reporting team that deliver a full spectrum of financial support. Encourages a culture of service, innovation and problem-solving in support of UHN’s mission.
- Provides direction/coaching to a highly motivated & experienced corporate services management team.
- Provide leadership to the FP&A team, focusing on creation of automated and scalable processes, reporting and systems to drive process improvement and support Finance’s strategic direction
- Support business planning and analysis by providing strategic financial leadership and consultation to the leadership team of the organization
- Develops meaningful, accurate, and timely financial reports, analysis (MD&A) and presentations to fulfill senior management, Board and Board Committee requirements and provides commentary and insight on business performance
- Oversee the preparation of metric-based, financial plan, including annual budgets, monthly forecasts and long term strategic plans
- Builds partnerships, works collaboratively and effectively communicates financial matters to diverse groups both within and external to UHN.
- Cross functionally collaborates with business partners, including Finance and Operations, to gain a thorough understanding of their lines of business to proactively refine and improve current reporting and analysis to provide strategic decision support
- Performs sensitivity, scenario and what-if analysis, as well as analyzes the financial impact of changes in business and new business opportunities
- Well organized, detail oriented, good motivator and strong project manager
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) for effective interaction with all levels of company management and personnel and works well cross-functionally in a team environment
- Proven experience establishing strong, cooperative working relationships in a complex, multi-tiered organization
- A minimum of ten years of progressively senior financial management experience in a complex organization
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, consistently meeting deadlines with accurate and detailed results
- University degree and either a CPA designation or MBA
- A strong service orientation with a passion to advance the mission of the University health Network
- Ability to thrive in a high pressure, real-time culture
- Experienced learner with sound and strategic planning, forecasting, problem-solving, analytical, financial modelling and technical skill; must have the ability to achieve operational excellence through others
- Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to create integrated plans, influence outcomes and engage multiple stakeholders
- High level of integrity and strong sense of personal ownership and accountability
- Driven, self-starter, enthusiastic learner
- Prior experience successfully leading a large diverse financial services portfolio
- Experience interacting with and presenting to senior management and Board Committees
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to articulate complex financial issues to a broad and diverse audience
- Demonstrated experience creating and leading a dynamic and high-performing team with a focus on coaching for influence
- Ability to work and thrive in a changing environment while experiencing financial constraints
Company: University Health Network
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A