Website University Health Network
The UHN Psychiatry Association is the practice plan for UHN psychiatrists that represents approximately 50 full-time psychiatrists and approximately 60 part-time psychiatrists and psychiatric fellows. As an integral part of CMH, UHN’s Psychiatry Association ensures the needs of the patients are met, coordinates the psychiatrists’ interactions between UHN and the University of Toronto and oversees the financial management and practices of physician activity.
- Monitors changing priorities, trends, legislative requirements and/or other internal and external emerging issues and analyzes the potential impacts on goals, priorities and activities; recommends and/or implements appropriate strategies to achieve desired results;
- Providing leadership in managing all aspects of day-to-day medical administrative services/operations (e.g. implementing day-to-day operating policies, systems and procedures that contribute to ongoing operational excellence);
- Managing and supervising the Physician Administrative Assistant team including all aspects of human resources;
- Performs relationship management responsibilities that support and advance the Psychiatry Association and Centre for Mental Health’s goals (e.g. representing the department internally on UHN committees, as required, and UHN in the external community at conferences, workshops; managing internal and external partnerships; etc.);
- Performing cross-functional and/or other duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned or requested.
- Contributes to the planning and successful implementation of special projects and quality improvement initiatives, as defined by Sponsors and Senior Manager/Director, that advance the Psychiatry Association, by developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating projects;
- Supports, develops and manages short- and long-term plans in alignment with the needs of the Psychiatry Association and organizational goals and objectives;
- Managing budgetary/financial elements of the Psychiatry Association;
- Completion of a Master’s degree in a healthcare or business related discipline or a recognized equivalent.
- Ability to work effectively and demonstrates composure under pressure/stressful conditions and to meet multiple and competing deadlines
- Must be able to implement change initiatives in support of the Psychiatry Association and Department goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates strong leadership and motivational skills as well as ability to lead and manage a team.
- Has knowledge of applicable legislative, UHN and/or departmental policies, procedures & protocols
- Effective organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly competent computer skills, preferably Microsoft Office and Outlook applications.
- Excellent decision making skills with the ability to form/defend independent judgements and to use good judgement in assessing difficult situations.
- Minimum five years appropriate professional experience.
- Adapts to and implements change and facilitates its acceptance by others
- Is client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity and appreciates that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand.
- Experience working in a healthcare environment / clinical-based knowledge an asset.
- Experience working with health information systems, including EPIC, an asset.
- Excellent problem recognition, analyses and resolution skills.
- Exercises initiative and good judgement with ability to multi-task.
Company: University Health Network
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A