Website University Health Network
At University Health Network, which consists of Toronto General, Toronto Western, Princess Margaret and Toronto Rehab hospitals, nothing is more important to us than our team of dedicated employees. UHN focuses on creating and maintaining a workplace of choice, where our people are recognized and valued. We focus on creating a workplace where people enjoy the challenge of their career, create and engage in best practices and are treated with respect.
- Organ transplants are a life-saving treatment for patients with organ failure involving the heart, liver, lung, kidney, pancreas, or small bowel.
- The Multi Organ Transplant Unit provides care to new transplant recipients and those requiring readmission for related health issues, living donors, pre-transplant liver failure patients, and nephrology patients.
- Nurses in this area also provide care in the Transplant Day Unit and extend peritoneal dialysis services to patients throughout TGH & PMH.
- Our internationally renowned Multi Organ Transplant Program serves Toronto, as well as Ontario, Canada and the international community.
- A talented team of physicians, surgeons, nurses and other allied health professionals makes UHN a leader in transplantation worldwide.
- With specialists in clinical care, diagnosis, research and support services, our high standard of care rivals any other.
- Previous Acute Care Unit experience preferred
- Current Registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (B.C.L.S.) certification
- Membership in the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario preferred
- Previous transplant nursing experience preferred
- B.Sc. N. preferred
- Previous Peritoneal Dialysis experience preferred
- Minimum one (1) year general medical/surgical experience
- Excellent interpersonal and decision making skills
Company: University Health Network
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A