Website University Health Network
This bold vision is the future of health care at UHN. We are working to fully integrate physical and mental health in everything we do, for every patient, caregiver, provider and service UHN-wide. We know that patient and caregiver expectations are shifting. Variable quality in mental health care, long wait times and fragmented care pathways are no longer acceptable. We also know that outcomes are poorer for those with physical and mental comorbidities, with their lives being shortened by 15 to 20 years.
- Managing budgetary/financial elements of the Psychiatry Association;
- Performing cross-functional and/or other duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned or requested.
- Providing leadership in managing all aspects of day-to-day medical administrative services/operations (e.g. implementing day-to-day operating policies, systems and procedures that contribute to ongoing operational excellence);
- Managing and supervising the Physician Administrative Assistant team including all aspects of human resources;
- Monitors changing priorities, trends, legislative requirements and/or other internal and external emerging issues and analyzes the potential impacts on goals, priorities and activities; recommends and/or implements appropriate strategies to achieve desired results;
- Contributes to the planning and successful implementation of special projects and quality improvement initiatives, as defined by Sponsors and Senior Manager/Director, that advance the Psychiatry Association, by developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating projects;
- Supports, develops and manages short- and long-term plans in alignment with the needs of the Psychiatry Association and organizational goals and objectives;
- Performs relationship management responsibilities that support and advance the Psychiatry Association and Centre for Mental Health’s goals (e.g. representing the department internally on UHN committees, as required, and UHN in the external community at conferences, workshops; managing internal and external partnerships; etc.);
- Excellent problem recognition, analyses and resolution skills.
- Demonstrates strong leadership and motivational skills as well as ability to lead and manage a team.
- Must be able to implement change initiatives in support of the Psychiatry Association and Department goals and objectives.
- Excellent decision making skills with the ability to form/defend independent judgements and to use good judgement in assessing difficult situations.
- Is client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity and appreciates that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand.
- Effective organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working with health information systems, including EPIC, an asset.
- Has knowledge of applicable legislative, UHN and/or departmental policies, procedures & protocols
- Highly competent computer skills, preferably Microsoft Office and Outlook applications.
- Adapts to and implements change and facilitates its acceptance by others
- Completion of a Master’s degree in a healthcare or business related discipline or a recognized equivalent.
- Experience working in a healthcare environment / clinical-based knowledge an asset.
- Ability to work effectively and demonstrates composure under pressure/stressful conditions and to meet multiple and competing deadlines
- Minimum five years appropriate professional experience.
- Exercises initiative and good judgement with ability to multi-task.
Company: University Health Network
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A