Website University Health Network
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto General Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
- Performing other duties related to the job classification, as required.
- Operating, troubleshooting and ensuring that medical imaging and ancillary equipment are performing in an effective and efficient manner;
- Performing other related patient care responsibilities to facilitate the provision of optimal patient care;
- Assistance in preparation of manuscripts and grant applications, data processing, responsible for teaching, training, educational, research, safety and quality improvement programs/activities;
- Performing Magnetic Resonance imaging procedures as outlined in the protocol/procedure manuals;
- Performing cross-functional responsibilities as assigned, or requested;
- Observing and understanding Hospital and departmental policies and procedures and designing imaging policies and procedures that will result in improvements in technical quality;
- Adhering to Hospital and departmental mission and value statements while maintaining patient confidentiality;
- Preparing written and electronic reports required to document all procedures and test results;
- Attendance at meetings as required;
- Computer literacy required.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member required.
- Ability to meet patient care needs required.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (B.C.L.S.) program, Level II: Basic Rescuer certification required.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced environment required.
- Excellent problem recognition and problem solving-skills required.
- Registration with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) preferred.
- Ability to be trained in contrast injection techniques required.
- Ability to complete an update of clinical skills program required.
- Registration with the College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists of Ontario (CMRITO) required.
- Experience with teaching and training of staff required.
- Completion of a recognized post diploma program in MRI, or recognized equivalent with MRI certification required.
- Ability to work as an autonomous professional required.
- Effective time management skills; ability to organize work and set priorities required.
- Ability to be trained in the following MRI specialization, ie: cardiac, body, neuro, MSK, breast; required
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education required.
- Minimum three (3) months recent clinical MRI experience required. One (1) or more years of recent clinical MRI experience preferred.
- Cross-sectional Anatomy course, required.
- Ability to multi-task required.
- Awareness of hospital emergency codes and procedures required.
- Ability to teach and communicate expert job knowledge to others, required.
- Contrast injection course, required.
- Ability to work accurately under stressful conditions required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required.
- Word processing skills on a PC required.
Company: University Health Network
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, USA
Application Deadline: N/A