Website University Health Network
The Michener Institute of Education at UHN is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. Since January 2016 the Michener Institute has been integrated with the University Health Network, the largest, and one of the most highly regarded and research-intensive hospital systems in Canada. As such, the CVP program is also associated with Peter Munk Cardiac Centre and the Sprott Department of Surgery at the Toronto General Hospital that collectively employs the largest number of cardiovascular perfusionists and ECMO specialists in the country. Although the primary responsibility of the successful candidate will be to teach in the CVP Program, there are also opportunities to be engaged in clinical work and research in the extensive UHN system.
- This appointment provides the successful candidate with an exciting, dynamic and leadership opportunity to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences and the field of perfusion in particular to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond.
- The successful candidate will collaborate with colleagues to deliver the best experience and best education in CVP to students and will be expected to play a strong and leadership role in all aspects of course/program design, assessment, evaluation and continuous quality improvement.
- Perfusionist with a minimum of three years’ experience preferred
- Masters level education in Cardiovascular Perfusion or related discipline required, PhD preferred (A strong applicant enrolled or committed to enrolling in a Masters program may be considered.)
- Currently certified by the Canadian Society of Clinical Perfusion (CSCP) or American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP)
- Demonstrated clinical experience and currency
- Certification by and membership in relevant professional association
- Satisfactory Canadian Police Clearance document required upon hire
Company: Toronto, ON, USA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A