Website University Health Network
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
- The principal responsibilities of the Education Coordinator include registration at the TGH and/or TWH Site of UHN Medical Education of medical learners- communicating with students, residents, fellows, and staff physicians, ensuring they are appropriately equipped with learning and evaluation materials.
- The position can entail communication with course directors and site supervisors, students, hospital staff and physicians, University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine administrative staff and visitors to the education center at UHN.
- The Education Coordinator will assist in organizing and administrating the programs delivered on behalf of the Wightman-Berris Academy of the University of Toronto at UHN primarily relating to Undergraduate Education and maintaining operations.
- Responsibilities include arranging meetings, minute taking, database maintenance, ensuring teaching facilities (classrooms) are appropriately set up for educational sessions with working equipment, supporting Academy events, keeping materials on the Academy website current, maintaining electronic calendar and schedules, maintaining a filing system, maintaining registry of patient volunteers, and coordination of operations in the department.
- This position may involve working on special projects and innovative education support initiatives and Undergraduate and Postgraduate duties as assigned.
- Strong preference will be given to applicants with Medical Education experience.
- Five (5) years related office administration support experience
- Well developed interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to produce high quality work in accordance with Hospital standards
- Very good verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Completion of Grade XII or recognized equivalent completion of a recognized medical or business post-secondary office administration diploma program, or recognized equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgment in assessing difficult situations
- Knowledge of medical terminology an asset
- Previous on-the-job computer/word processing, database and spreadsheet software experience in a Microsoft Office environment
- Ability to effectively handle confidential matters and materials
Company: University Health Network
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, USA
Application Deadline: N/A