Website University Health Network
The Michener Institute is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. In January 2016 the Michener Institute integrated with University Health Network and has become the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled allied health professionals.
- Ensure operational compliance with policies, procedures, and Ministry regulations
- Ensure all expenditure are in compliance with PSAS, BPS, Transfer Payment Agreements (TPA) and Procurement Policies and procedures
- Prepare Ministry quarterly and annual expenditure reports per TPA schedule
- Regulate internal controls to reduce risk and maintain financial security.
- Coordinate Fixed Asset Schedule including addition, depreciation, and deferred capital contribution calculations
- Analyze and review all published or reported financial information (i.e., tuition and ancillary fee) to ensure numbers are accurate and complete.
- Communicate and circulate workflow and timeline to staff in order to complete the task on time
- Maintain the (Great Plains) accounting system, i.e. User access, account setup and other maintenance requirements.
- Manage the month-end, quarter-end, and year end financial close process.
- Prepare quarterly MD&A for Board and Management including investments analysis and other reports for director’s presentation
- Review invoices, general journals entries, payments, schedules, and account analysis prepared by finance team
- Coordinate the preparation of Financial Reports and briefing notes for the Finance and Audit committee and Board of Governors.
- Oversee the daily activities of the accounting department
- Prepare quarterly and annual Financial Statements and Management Reports
- Ensure that month-end, quarter-end and year-end reports are completed accurately and on time.
- Support management in the financial decision-making process and evaluation of projects and accounts
- Coordinate the preparation and presentation of monthly financial statements, forecasts, and variance analysis for budget holders
- Coordinate the development of multi-year plans that are adequate for the organization’s needs including preparation of periodic forecasts
- Review investment maturity events and make reinvestment recommendations to the Director Finance
- Review financial statements for internally and externally restricted endowments and ensure underlying accounts are accounting for appropriately and accurately
- Prepare quarterly divisional variance packages for budget managers
- Maintain banking records, such as new or cancelation of corporate visa card and other banking information.
Prepare and maintain daily cash flow analyses and projections for Director Finance.
- Monitor daily cash flow and bank transactions, evaluate investment opportunities for short term deposits
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the investment portfolio and ensure compliance with investment mandate
- Provide consolidated financial summary including budget to actual variance analysis for director’s review and report any major variances with explanations
- Coordinate the preparation of the annual operating and capital plan as required by the Board of Governors.
- Oversea the maintenance Adaptive Insights planning and reporting system.
- Compliance with confidentiality requirements
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an accounting/finance role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) for effective interaction with all levels of company management and personnel and works well cross-functionally in a team environment
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills with the ability to identify trends, establish benchmarks and provide credible analysis and business recommendations
- Experience in a managerial role is required
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required.
- CPA Designation is required
- Experience in healthcare or education preferred
- Experience mentoring and training people an asset
- High proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance to Michener standards
- Great collaborator and team player engaging others
- Experience in all aspects of accounting preferred
- Mission critical mindset and attention to detail are crucial prioritization including ability to learn quickly and work independently
Company: University Health Network
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A