Website University Health Network
University Health Network (UHN) is Canada’s leading research hospital. UHN encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. UHN consists of 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. It is affiliated with the University of Toronto and educates thousands of healthcare professionals that work in Canada and around the world.
- Ensuring that processes and practices adhere to employment legislation, collective agreements, and all applicable policies.
- Ensuring assigned client group is well supported on the recruitment process and how to best select appropriate candidates, using the tools available.
- Training and supporting Hiring Managers’ use of UHN’s applicant tracking system.
- Consults with hiring managers and provides consultative advice develop immediate and longer term recruitment strategies pertaining to talent acquisition.
- Conducting full-cycle recruitment for all levels, including senior management roles and technical specialties (job postings, targeted sourcing strategies, screening and shortlisting to pre-qualify applicants, developing and recommending interview questions, communicating job offers, initiating background checks and monitoring new hires as they meet corporate on-boarding requirements).
- Informal supervision of Talent Acquisition Consultants and Coordinators, providing technical expertise, guidance, mentoring, advice to team members while providing input in performance reviews.
- Leads talent acquisition projects required to facilitate, source and track the delivery of significant organizational and/or talent acquisition strategies.
- Develops strategic and innovative sourcing plans that maximize talent acquisition dollars and reduce the length of time to fill.
- Developing and maintaining strong partnerships/relationships with clients and other stakeholders (including various unions).
- Ability to influence with strong interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills focusing on business priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Industrial Relations or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience in Human Resources, with post-secondary study in Human Resources preferred.
- Completion of the Canadian Human Resources Professional (CHRP) or Canadian Human resources Leader (CHRL) designation is an asset.
- Strong communication, consultation, and mediation skills with a track record of providing superior customer service to both internal and external clients.
- Advanced expertise using MS Office, Human Resources Management Systems (HRMS), applicant tracking systems (ATS), and social media tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Human Resources, and experience with the interpretation and application of legal and regulatory requirements, policies, programs, best practices, and collective agreements in the area of recruitment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment and formally lead a team of professionals.
- Some experience with off-shore recruitment, and the process of obtaining foreign worker status is an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience working directly with senior management on the development of talent acquisition strategies, conducting full-cycle recruitment, and ideally, coordinating related projects. Experience within a unionized healthcare or public sector environment is preferred.
- Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code
Company: University Health Network
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A