Website United Airlines
Technical Operations includes the maintenance, and overhaul of our aircraft. This includes aircraft maintenance technicians, engineers, planners, ground equipment and facilities teams, supply chain teams and more.
The Analyst – Forecasting Modeling is responsible for the planning and execution of spare parts inventory forecasting activities supporting the United Airlines Supply Chain organization. This position will interact with multiple supply chain areas and will support the development and maintenance of the various inventory forecasting processes and analytical tools. This role will interact very closely with the Data Science team and be responsible for the execution of scheduled and ad-hoc forecasting models.
- Maintain, enhance and otherwise support the models for the spare parts inventory forecast and ensure they continue to stay valuable and relevant
- Support strategic Supply Chain initiatives with analysis accompanied by actionable recommendations
- Collaborate with stakeholders (both frontline and executive-level) to identify processes strategies, or decisions that can be improved by leveraging analytic insight
- Monitor forecasting model performance metrics and identify operational and financial improvement opportunities
- Individually develop and execute toward project plans
- Continuous improvement of the forecasting tools
- Baseline understanding of supply chain functions including sourcing/procurement, vendor management, inventory planning, warehousing, and logistics.
- Familiarity with maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) functions
- Familiarity with the airline industry
- Some background in one or more supply chain functions
- Familiarity with ERP systems
- Familiarity with Multi-Echelon techniques (METRIC)
- Applied understanding of process improvement methodologies such as lean and six sigma.
- Experience using traditional statistical and industrial engineering techniques (e.g. inference testing, statistical process control, economic order model and process flow analysis)
- Familiarity with spare parts demand forecasting techniques
- Familiarity with supply chain models
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Six months of applicable experience (including project or intern work) in an analytical role required
- Familiarity with statistical forecasting and/or machine learning modeling techniques (i.e., ARIMA, Exponential Smoothing, Croston’s and
- Unobserved Component method)
- Familiarity with forecasting performance metrics and model evaluation/comparison (i.e. MPE, MAPE, WMAPE)
- Familiarity with relational database models and SQL
- Time-series forecasting or machine learning modeling abilities
Company: United Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Application Deadline: N/A