Website University Health Network
As an integral member of the Pharmacy Services Outpatient Pharmacy Operations team, the PHARMACY TECHNICIAN is responsible for: working in conjunction with pharmacists in maintaining high standards of client relations; assisting pharmacists in accurately and efficiently performing all technical aspects relating to prescription dispensing responsibilities; preparing or compounding extemporaneous products using appropriate techniques under supervision of a pharmacist; performing activities relating to the maintenance and operation of Outpatient Pharmacy services; and performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and troubleshoot changing technologies/machinery.
- Ability to work variable shifts.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and to manage competing priorities/deadlines.
- Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- Experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Manual billings, out of province billings and specialty meds related billing
- Experience/working knowledge of Kroll and Point of Sales System
Qualification & Experience:
- Completion of a two year community college Pharmacy Technician Program or recognized equivalent required.
- Eligibility to register with OCP as RPhT required.
- Certificate of competency from the Pharmacy Examination Board of Canada preferred.
- Active licensure with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP) as Registered Pharmacy Technician (RPhT) mandatory.
Company: University Health Network
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A