Website The University of British Columbia
The Stewart Blusson Quantum Matter Institute at UBC (Blusson QMI) is a world-leading venture advancing research into solid state systems and phenomena that explicitly involve quantum mechanics. Among its core areas of expertise are the development of materials hosting novel quantum electronic states, and measurement of nanoscale electronic and photonic structures built from these materials, whose device characteristics display remarkable new paradigms of operation.
- Follows the direction of the principal investigator in the building, setup and operation of test equipment.
- Offers time, skills and expertise to other Blusson QMI labs and projects, as instructed by the principal investigator, and performs other tasks relevant to the job tasks, as required. Interacts with researchers and research partners, including discussing new projects, reporting on results, and coordinating work.
- Works on a number of different projects, that includes internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitors the performance of equipment to ensure that these equipment remain accurate and perform to specifications.
- Be familiar with the underlying principles of lasers, optical spectroscopies, interface electronics and cryogenic systems.
- Proven awareness of safe work practices
- Experience in a research and/or research & development setting
- Proven working knowledge and hands-on experience in prototyping and machining of test apparatus
- Computer skills, including CAD-related software
- Demonstrated team work qualities
- Lab instrumentation/equipment fault finding and fault diagnosis skills
Company: The University of British Columbia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A