Website Vancouver, BC, USA
The BC government is providing funding for a three-year program called the Pharmacists in Primary Care Network (PCN) program (the Program) as part of the government’s primary health-care strategy. In this Program, up to 50 new Primary Care Clinical Pharmacists (PCCPs) will be hired by local health authorities and embedded as members of primary healthcare teams within the PCNs. The PCCPs will be responsible for providing comprehensive medication management services to complex patients while being co-located in one or more medical practice sites within their PCNs. The Faculty will lead the PCCP integration during the three-year Program in collaboration with health authority and community stakeholders and will be responsible for providing training and support to the PCCPs as well as overseeing and monitoring all aspects of the Program.
- Liaising with community stakeholders (including local pharmacies) as required to support collaborative care.
- Preparing and organizing correspondence including mail, courier services, e-mail, faxes and scanned documents.
- Making entries of service in the patient’s PharmaNet record via the Kroll pharmacy system.
- Planning patient flow of the workday including prioritizing time, organizing patient appointments, attending to inquiries and issues.
- Preparing information for the patient appointment (includes pulling the PharmaNet record and uploading a PDF copy into Oscar EMR)
- Coordinating patient schedules with medical office administrators for initial, follow-up and recall appointments.
- Coordinating information-sharing within the patient’s circle of care.
- Performing other related duties.
- Receiving and sending patient referrals, including urgent referrals and gathering appropriate information.
- Ensuring regulatory compliance for patient consent, data collection, privacy and security in front-line practice.
- Assists with the logistics associated in the “day-to-day” operations of the Pharmacists Clinic and the Program: maintaining clinic supplies and equipment, venues booking, catering, etc.
- Coordinating the collection of feedback from patients.
- Registering patients in the Oscar Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and Kroll pharmacy system.
- Tracking pharmacist workload and metrics.
- Providing day-to-day administrative support for a group of PCCPs and for on-site pharmacists within the Clinic when required.
- Transcribing, proof reading and updating patient reports in the Oscar EMR or Kroll pharmacy system.
- Modelling professional behaviours and attitudes.
- Covering the duties of patient support, receptionist as needed.
- No supervision duties are required for this position, although this position may be involved in providing work direction to work study students and temporary staff.
- Experience in a medical/dental office or community/hospital pharmacy practice preferred. Operational knowledge of electronic medical records specifically OSCAR EMR and Kroll PharmaNet required.
- This position reports to the Manager, Pharmacists Clinic. Works independently under minimal supervision of the MOA Team Lead and is required to make independent decisions using judgment based on knowledge of operations and clinic policies and procedures.
- High school graduation, plus one year of post secondary education, plus completion of a Medical or Dental Office Assistant program (including terminology), plus three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Accurate typing speed of 50 wpm and experience using MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must have an excellent spelling and punctuation skills.
- Effective oral and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines and work with interruptions.
- Ability to exercise initiative, judgment, tact and discretion, and to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to deal with a diversity of people in a calm, courteous and effective manner.
Company: The University of British Columbia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, USA
Application Deadline: N/A