Website The University of British Columbia
The major thrust of the research program in the Kizhakkedathu lab is to understand molecular level interactions of tailored synthetic molecules and polymers with biological systems in the design of novel biomaterials and technologies for medical use. A recent focus of this interdisciplinary research program includes immunomodulation via cell surface engineering, development of universal blood cells and organs, macromolecular therapeutics and medical devices. ( https://scholar.google.ca/citations?user=zL7GeOwAAAAJ&hl=en )
- Experience in animal experimentation will be an added asset
- Candidates with a strong background in synthesis, organic synthesis, bioanalysis and conjugation techniques will be considered.
- The successful candidate will be a passionate, self-driven, independent thinker with excellent organizational, oral, and written communication, excellent interpersonal skills, and a strong work ethic.
- Candidate should have a strong passion to work in an interdisciplinary research environment.
- Experience in working with blood and blood assays will be an added asset
- Candidates should have a strong research background, as demonstrated by past publications, accomplishments, and references.
- Additional experience in the development of blood-compatible polymers will be an asset.
- Competitive candidates must hold a PhD in Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Biochemistry or related area of expertise.
Company: The University of British Columbia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A