Website US Foods
Mechanic will be responsible for the troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of the Fleet road equipment including tractor, trailer, thermo-king, converter dolly and maintenance vehicles. Ensure compliance with all State and Federal trucking regulations. Mechanics will also be responsible for the documentation, completion, and to keep current the maintenance logs for all repairs and parts used daily. The position will be required to perform road rescue as needed.
- Backup to other maintenance shop personnel.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, rebuild, replace and complete all required repairs on diesel equipment (i.e., tractors, trailers, bobtails, reefers, lift gates, etc.).
- Perform preventative maintenance within company standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintain inventory and proper recordkeeping.
- Willingness and capacity to assume increased responsibility and certifications.
- Handle road service calls; perform road rescue/transport equipment as needed.
- Keep track of assigned repairs by logging in and out of the Shop Fax system.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment in compliance with workplace safety rules and regulations and government guidelines.
- Complete documentation of all repair orders, PM list and parts accountability.
- Computer and software experience.
- Ability to manage multiple functions simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate with co-workers and drivers with demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs.
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting competency relating to equipment repairs.
- Successfully demonstrated independent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to comply with EPA and OSHA regulations as pertaining to the shop and fleet.
- Prior experience in administering appropriate PM program.
- Ability to read and understand technical and service manuals.
- Must have (5) years of verifiable hands-on experience as a heavy duty commercial diesel mechanic or reefer mechanic or a combination of both; or (3) years verifiable hands-on experience with either Diesel Mechanic Certification or TK/Carrier Refrigeration Certification or both.
Company: US Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Las Vegas, NV, US
Application Deadline: N/A