Website US Foods
Mechanic will be responsible for the troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of the Fleet road equipment including tractor, trailer, thermo-king, converter dolly and maintenance vehicles. Ensure compliance with all State and Federal trucking regulations. Mechanics will also be responsible for the documentation, completion, and to keep current the maintenance logs for all repairs and parts used daily. The position will be required to perform road rescue as needed.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, rebuild, replace and complete all required repairs on diesel equipment (i.e., tractors, trailers, bobtails, reefers, lift gates, etc.).
- Perform preventative maintenance within company standards.
- Complete documentation of all repair orders, PM list and parts accountability.
- Handle road service calls; perform road rescue/transport equipment as needed.
- Keep track of assigned repairs by logging in and out of the Shop Fax system.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment in compliance with workplace safety rules and regulations and government guidelines.
- Maintain inventory and proper recordkeeping.
- Backup to other maintenance shop personnel.
- Willingness and capacity to assume increased responsibility and certifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate with co-workers and drivers with demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Ability to comply with EPA and OSHA regulations as pertaining to the shop and fleet.
- Ability to manage multiple functions simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Must furnish own personal hand tools.
- Prior experience in administering appropriate PM program.
- Ability to read and understand technical and service manuals.
- Successfully demonstrated independent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have (7) years of verifiable hands-on experience as a heavy duty commercial diesel mechanic or reefer mechanic or a combination of both; or (5) years verifiable hands-on experience with either Diesel Mechanic Certification or TK/Carrier
- Refrigeration Certification or both.
- A valid Class-A CDL license DOT certified preferred.
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting competency relating to equipment repairs.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs.
- Computer and software experience.
Company: US Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montgomery, AL, US
Application Deadline: N/A