Website Valero Energy
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligibel for overtime pay.
Analyzes work requirements and directs the work of others in the performance of various assigned maintenance duties. Works under a Superintendent and moves up to that position to fill absences. Works with management to coordinate the instrumentation maintenance and equipment needs of the refinery.
- Ensures maintenance craft activities/work orders are implemented in a safe and productive manner.
- Provides direction to craft personnel to ensure the highest level of safety, productivity, work quality and reliability.
- Communicates daily activities related to manpower, accomplishments and problem areas to supervision.
- Provides training, development and performance review of craft employees.
- Holds meetings and inspections necessary to achieve safety goals.
- Oversees designated area work activities during unit turnarounds and outages and reports to turnaround supervision.
- Assists craft personnel in solving complex equipment problems. Provides a high level of troubleshooting skills.
- Determines the most efficient and safest work methods.
- Supervises, trains, and assists employees in performing activities related to electronic instruments, human machine interface’s and pneumatic equipment utilized in plant operations, including but not limited to: troubleshooting, installing, repairing, calibrating and maintaining.
- Assists with performing preventative maintenance and/or analytical testing.
- Identifies and orders parts as needed.
- Provides information and assistance to management, employees, vendors, equipment suppliers, and others relative to company activities, policies, and procedures.
- Coordinates and/or communicates with other departments and management related to projects and operations.
- Compiles, prepares, and/or verifies information, including but not limited to: status/activity reports, budget information, training completion reports.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 8 years of Instrument maintenance experience in a refinery or similar industry required.
- Experience in reading/interpreting drawings and code requirements of instrumentation is required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- SAP work order and purchase order experience is preferred
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Beaumont, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A