Website Valero Energy
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
Leads a team comprised of planners, schedulers, and cost control analysts to complete AFE projects including, but not limited to unit outages, tank repairs/replacements, emergency leak repairs, equipment replacement, rotating equipment overhauls.
- Receives and reviews work requests that have been authorized by the users of the Maintenance services.
- Estimates, plans, and requisitions manpower, materials, and equipment for AFE projects.
- Facilitates scope reviews.
- Maintains the records essential to the effective operation of the planning and scheduling areas of responsibility.
- Prepares/supplies drawings, sketches, bid packages, specifications, procedure, etc. that will aid the Maintenance Supervisor for all planned jobs.
- Prepares execution strategy for unit shutdowns, leads emergency shutdowns, and develops AFE/Turnaround job plans for projects not handled by the Engineering Services Department.
- Prepares a work scope and establishes the labor, tools, material, and equipment required for AFE projects.
- Coordinates the scheduling of the planned project with Maintenance supervision, Operations, Safety and the Purchasing Department to achieve maximum efficiency and cost management in a proactive manner.
- Ability to work cooperatively with a variety of personalities in a maintenance department environment required.
- Working knowledge of the use of process flow sheets and P&IDs required.
- Ability to read and interpret company policies, regulatory guidelines, and other work-related documentation required.
- Ability to abide by confidentiality requirements when working with sensitive information, results, and communications required.
- Skill in providing thorough, efficient, and effective customer service to individuals at all levels within the organization required.
- Ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal methods required.
- Ability to accomplish work within required timelines, including short, long, and emergency timeframes required.
- Ability to cross-train in other department duties to ensure efficient coverage department responsibilities required.
- Ability to work with others to accomplish challenging assignments required.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple assignments to ensure completion of tasks within stated time requirements required.
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree preferred.
- 5 years of planning and/or maintenance experience in refining or a related industry required.
- Experience using computer-based planning and scheduling tools required.
- Basic skill using Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Word and Excel) and Oracle Primavera required.
- Drafting and P3 experience preferred.
- Maintenance/capital project (tank, pipe replacement, turnaround) planning experience preferred.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port Arthur, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A