Maximizes sales and brand awareness by providing exceptional customer care to all customers in a friendly, efficient, and professional manner; gives impartial, personalized, expertise and advice regardless of brand and budget.
Demonstrates a passion for beauty and provides inspirational beauty knowledge and know-how.
Provides customers with solutions for their beauty needs, including mini-makeovers and skincare consultations, with an emphasis on the customers’ total look.
Models and delivers a distinctive and delightful customer experience.
Oversees and maintains overall beauty department standards.
- Consistently focuses on link-selling and up-selling with customers by showing them sale items and complimentary offerings.
- Ensures testers are stocked and maintained in compliance with hygiene standards; maintains a clean and organized department.
- Achieves or exceeds predetermined sales goals by assisting customers in the purchase of products and by modeling exceptional customer care.
- Models and shares customer care best practices by proactively offering assistance, asking questions to determine customers’ needs, and informing customers of options.
- Leads and delivers in-store events to promote brand awareness and loyalty of Owned Brands and total Beauty/Personal Care.
- Processes sales for customers and/or employee purchases on cash register.
- Provides expertise in product demonstrations and consultations utilizing tools such as the Matchmade Device, Skin Hydrometer, and tablet.
- Attends training and completes e-learning modules requested by Manager or assigned by Corporate.
- Greets, listens, and engages customers to identify their needs, making them aware of appropriate products and services, and providing warm transfers to other areas of the store when necessary.
- Maintains knowledge of competition, new product/brand launches, and overall industry trends.
- Implements company asset protection procedures to identify and minimize profit loss.
- Uses testers and sampling to demonstrate product application and leverage items from beauty promotional programs.
- Reviews scorecard on a regular basis to understand performance within store and district; partners with store leadership and BAE to create improvement goals.
- Attends and participates in meetings, seminars, and other knowledge and business-driving opportunities; educates store team on new beauty updates, information, and learnings from training.
- Seeks self-development by monitoring own performance, setting high personal standards, maintaining awareness of beauty trends, learning from others, and improving job performance.
- Participates in meetings and conference calls concerning programs and promotions, new items, brand launches, sales goals, and modeling exceptional customer care.
- Maintains professional appearance and image in compliance with company guidelines at all times.
- Engages customers by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves customer issues and answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in developing ways to accomplish goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Requires willingness to work flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Experiencing selling Prestige brands.
- Experience demonstrating makeup application and providing makeovers to customers.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Knowledge of products and brands in order to engage and meet the needs of the customer.
- Basic level PC/tablet skills.
- Licensure in Cosmetology or as an Esthetician as granted by appropriate state licensing authority.
- High School Diploma/GED and at least 1 year of experience working in a retail sales environment that required meeting a defined sales goal OR at least 1 year of experience proactively selling beauty or cosmetic products and providing customer care.
- Must be fluent in reading, writing and speaking English. (Except in Puerto Rico)
- Experience building and maintaining relationships within a team.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A