If you’re looking for a finance job that’s more than just numbers, WHSmith adds up. The team supports both the High Street and Travel businesses, plus whsmith.co.uk. And that’s not all. With franchises, new acquisitions, the International business and Funky Pigeon, Finance is wide-ranging, making a huge impact on business decisions – from long-term planning to in-store promotions!
There has never been a better time to join us to work as part of a highly professional and friendly team, in a company that puts priority on your career progression. We are now looking for a Head Office Costs Analyst to join our busy travel head office based in London.
- Ensure accurate accruals and reporting for Head office costs, including salaries and all associated costs. Produce monthly reports to ensure good visibility of costs that enable budget holders to be accountable for costs.
- Produce Head office costs budgets and forecasts that are timely and accurate.
- Liaise with budget holders for the budgeting and forecast processes, incorporate requests and maintaining a clear audit trail of changes.
- Administering staff costs, accruals and ensuring accuracy of costs posted, to provide detailed and accurate month end accounts.
- Provide a good service to budget holders so that any queries / concerns are dealt with effectively and efficiently
- Manage the budgeting and forecasting process for Head office costs, ensuring all budget holders are engaged with deadlines and requirements
- Answering queries, being pro-active by meeting with key budget holders to understand their requirements
- Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Good excel skills
- CIMA or ACCA part qualified or qualified
- Well organised with ability to manage own workload and prioritise
- Ability to engage and communicate with non-finance employees
- Accurate with an eye for detail.
- Ability to work with key stakeholders at any level in the business
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A