Website Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
Join the Communication and Marketing team. In this role you will lead the team dedicated to communicating the ongoing success of both Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) programs and the federal government National Housing Strategy (NHS) and all its related housing initiatives. You will also act as the main communication liaison by managing the relationships and activities between various key federal, territorial, provincial, municipal and local government communications teams, as well as the Office of the Vice President, Communications and Marketing, CMHC, on all matters related to government communications. To do so, you will have to anticipate, identify, understand and manage current needs and emerging issues supporting the advancement of CMHC’s strategy and corporate objectives related to these portfolios.
- Oversee the production of all communications products to effectively deploy the communications such as press releases, Q&A, speeches, logistics briefings, event agendas, etc.
- Align and lead initiatives aimed at raising awareness of the importance of housing programs. Monitor the news landscape and political environment to optimize the lines of communication.
- Lead a team geographically dispersed across Canada, who provide on-the-ground execution of ministerial events and key stakeholder events related to the National Housing Strategy and all its related housing initiatives. Support the on-the-ground execution at all times with various government official levels.
- Maintain relationship management with regional desks, Provinces /Territories /Municipal Communication peers, CMHC stakeholders including C&M partners.
- Develop, oversee and implement Outreach Strategy by ensuring integrated support and strategic guidance with the different levels of the federal government, including the team of the ministry of Housing and Diversity and Inclusion, the Provinces, the Territories and the Municipalities regarding communication and outreach strategies for announcements and events, national consultations, summits, call for ideas and other public initiatives.
- Strong media relations skills with the ability to build solid relationships.
- Strong knowledge of different communication tools and products such as media relations, social media, print and graphic design, advertising.
- Experience in crisis communication and reputation management.
- Knowledge of Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy legislation, policies, and procedures.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in marketing, communications, event planning or a related field with progressive responsibility combined with 5 years of experience coaching, supervising or managing a team.
- Understanding of communications and marketing in the field of assisted housing, or a similar related field.
- Knowledge of the public consultation process (forums, call for ideas, focus groups and other types of public and political outreach forums).
- Understanding of Canada political system, government decision-making processes and structure.
Company: Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A