Website Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
We are currently looking to fill a permanent full-time opening within Information Technology (IT). As the Architect specializing in Security, you will be responsible for the creation, maintenance and management of CMHC’s security architecture models and their components. You will be responsible for the development, evolution, documentation and publication of the security-related elements of CMHC’s Solution, Cloud and Enterprise Architecture (EA). You will provide expert technical advice to IT staff and IT stakeholders on the evolving state of the CMHC’s security architecture needs, and for the provision of related architectural frameworks, standards, policies, plans and models. Also, you will collaborate with the security, risk and data/information management units/divisions to ensure that CMHC’s overall enterprise architecture and IT initiatives are in alignment with business strategy, objectives and priorities.
- Leading the architectural review board in ensuring enterprise architecture principles are adhered to, understood and monitored.
- Communicating with appropriate party of implications of architectural decisions, issues and plans.
- Tracking the company application portfolio and assisting project teams to shape architectures consistent with platforms, roadmaps and standards for architect and design.
- Ensuring that all major systems architecture deliverables are consistent with the target business, applications, data, technology and security architectures, as well as with architecture principles, standards, methodologies and adopted best practices.
- Resolving technical issues, providing technical support and quality control throughout all stages of systems architecture projects.
- Analyzing project plans, requests for proposals (RFPs), business demands and other technology decisions.
- Providing insight, guidance and decisions to third party vendors, external firms and CMHC business lines (directors) on making decisions with regards to the technical direction of CMHC (including how to proceed with the EA Target State architecture).
- Ensuring that proposed system implementations are aligned with CMHC’s business, applications, data, technology and security architectures and are realistic and architecturally sound.
- Developing models and documentation of architecture while influencing the strategic positioning of IT within CMHC.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Business Administration with a concentration in Information Systems or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in working with various computer applications and software (e.g., MSOffice, Visio, MS Project as well as software and tools related to one of EA domain(s) of expertise.).
- Ability to work in a high stress environment in which priorities or technologies are changing rapidly.
- Ability to build and manage effective working relationships with peers, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to analyze and decide on solutions for enterprise-level software and infrastructure that fit into an overall architecture.
- Advanced comprehension of enterprise architecture, as well as a detailed understanding of security architecture.
- Comprehensive knowledge and skills of IT security (including application, network, infrastructure) or of another related domain of Enterprise Architecture combined with a demonstrated foundation of IT Security knowledge and a willingness to further develop expertise in IT Security.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey complex technical information or project status to senior management, business units, colleagues or IT vendors.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of increasing responsibilities and relevant work experience/expertise in IT Architecture and/or IT Security. An equivalent combination of related education and work experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated experience designing a security architecture to provide a secure operating environment.
- Demonstrated experience producing and editing high quality technical documentation in the form of diagrams and documents for a variety of audiences (technical and non-technical).
- Strong organizational skills, including an ability to manage several ongoing and competing tasks and/or projects.
Company: Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montreal, QC, USA
Application Deadline: N/A