Website Xcel Energy
Standard Operations Position. Responsible for the maintenance and coordination of daily work plans for one or more functional areas across a large number of crews that effectively and efficiently use resources with emphasis on safety, customer satisfaction, quality improvement, and regulatory compliance. Provide work assignments to operations resources, assign equipment, request materials and complete other pre-requisite steps to enable the performance of requested work functions. Responsible for understanding the work detail of a given area and a thorough working knowledge of its assets and processes to establish the optimum crew and resource assignments.
- Manage work rejections from crews, triage additional work requests, and regularly adjust the schedule to accommodate disruptions in order to maintain promised start dates. Communicate schedule updates to front line leaders, crews and/or other stakeholders to eliminate non-productive field time.
- Review work packet prior to assigning work. Coordinate all equipment to complete the work, complete pre-requisites needed “just in time” for work execution, and request all materials needed. Ensure the work acceptance process is completed properly and coordinate site checking and job readiness. Identify and determine necessary project changes and communicate changes to appropriate personnel.
- Communicate and work effectively with local supervisors and build and leverage strong partnerships with stakeholder groups and customers at a variety of levels to maximize productivity, utilization and operational efficiency of all resources.
- Adjust planned schedules on a day-to-day basis and assign crews for priority tasks in light of resource availability, scheduling conflicts and real-time progress reports from front line leaders.
- Review approved incoming designed work that falls outside the normal scheduling window, maintain visibility into the real-time “queue” and assign new tasks to manage exception work.
- Demonstrated ability to schedule and manage work activities in a manner that meets customer and/or internal stakeholder requirements.
- Established analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel or other spreadsheet tools.
- Ability to retrieve and manipulate data from reporting tools.
- Knowledge of and ability to use a wide range of computer software applications which include Microsoft products, work management, mapping and scheduling tools.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Construction Management or related field preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience in construction, design, maintenance or operations area (utility experience preferred).
- Scheduling/planning experience in utility or construction industry preferred.
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: La Crosse, WI, US
Application Deadline: N/A