We are seeking a Technical Training Manager. Do you enjoy driving quality, continuous improvement, and supporting the advancement of employee technical capabilities? Do you have experience working with Wind, Solar and high voltage assets? If so, this would be an ideal opportunity for you.
- Lead the training processes (skills assessments, identifying curriculum requirements, job skills gap analysis and training delivery) that will ensure workforce proficiency.
- Evaluate instructor performance and efficiency while driving continuous improvement through coaching and mentoring.
- Provide mentorship and expert advice to management or other groups on technical, system, and process-related topics.
- Provide leadership and coaching to your direct reports in the development of Technical Training Programs, delivery of training, personal development and solutions to technical issues.
- Develop and build training manuals, training records, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Apply various principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training efficiency. Where helpful, develop and deliver training courses via internal resources.
- Coordinate the development of the Electrical Safety and the Technical Proficiency Training programs for Power Operations to ensure that standardized practices, training delivery and competency assessment methodologies are used to maintain a proficient workforce.
- Liaison with external agencies (i.e.: GWO, NFPA, CSA etc. ) and industry organizations for the purpose of sharing technical information, policies, procedures and identifying standard methodologies related to training, assessment and workforce proficiency
- Apply your training expertise to develop a safety first, competency-focused and efficient training program for power operation personnel that is responsible for Power’s wind, solar, and high voltage assets.
- Must have a high electrical proficiency and sound understanding of mechanical systems
- Strong team leadership experience managing people in multiple locations with collaborative working style
- Must have High-Voltage electrical systems experience. Preferably in the renewables sector, including experience with Turbine OEMs or power self-perform operators
- 10 + years’ experience in operations or safety roles in the power generation and/or high voltage industry or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Ability to travel in Canada and US. Travel up to 35%
- Applicant required to be able to climb wind tower.
- Experience with assessments of competency and administration of “on the job” training programs
- High regard for worker and public safety. High degree of technical and operations expertise
- 6+ years Training experience, formal or informal
- Experience with developing and delivering technical training programs
- Must have knowledge of NFPA-70E and other relevant electrical safety codes. Including application of Task Qualified Worker (TQW) programs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: North York, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A